Welcome to the Beginner Piano Lessons Section!
If you have an understanding of the piano layout and key names, then you are ready to dive in and start playing some music!
This section contains five subsections, each geared towards specific subjects on piano playing. Here's what you'll learn in each subsection.
Learn Songs: Here you will learn three well-known songs, "Brother John", "London Bridge is Falling Down", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". This should give you a good introduction of how most songs are put together!
Chords: Learn about chords and how easy it is to construct them. Chords are combinations of notes, usually three or more notes that can be used to play the harmony for songs.
Music Theory: In this section, learn about some of the building blocks of music, such as keys, scales and intervals.
Improvisation: Learn some new patterns that you can use to help make the songs you have learned in the songs section more interesting and fun!
Technique: Learn about some fun patterns you can play which will also help improve your hand coordination!
Once you have completed this section, and feel comfortable with the concepts that you have learned, make sure to visit the intermediate piano lessons section. There you will build on the concepts that you have learned in this section.
Piano Lessons for Beginners
Lesson 6 Brother John
Lesson 7 London Bridge is Falling Down
Lesson 8 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Lesson 9 Major Chord
Lesson 10 Three Primary Chords
Lesson 11 12 Bar Blues Chord Progression
Lesson 12 12 Keys of Music
Lesson 13 Major Scale
Lesson 14 Intervals
Lesson 15 Chords of the Major Scale
Lesson 16 The Circle of Fifths
Lesson 17 Chord Inversions
Lesson 18 Double Chord Pattern
Lesson 19 Broken Chord Pattern
Lesson 20 Arpeggio Chord Pattern
Lesson 21 Sounds of the Orient
Lesson 22 Mysterious Sounds
Lesson 23 Arpeggios
Access 50 Free Piano Lessons
Free Interactive Music Toolsto TEST your piano skills:
50 Free Piano Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Patterns of Piano Keys
- Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
- Lesson 3 - Names of Black Keys
- Lesson 4 - Piano Grand Staff
- Lesson 8 - Learn to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
- Lesson 9 - Major Chords
- Lesson 14-Intervals
- Lesson 18-Double Chord Pattern
- Lesson 22-Whole Tone Scale
More..... List of Free Piano Lessons
Five Finger Exercise
This book will help to improve your finger dexterity - practice the exercises everyday -
A Dozen a Day: Technical Exercises for the Piano to Be Done Each Day Before Practicing
- Use the virtual piano keyboard below to practice what you've learned in the "Piano Basics" Section - Piano Layout. You can play this Virtual Piano Z-Board in two ways:
- See all of our Free piano lessons
1. Use the computer mouse to click directly onto the key or note (in RED) on the
Virtual Piano to play that note
2. Press the corresponding button (in BLUE) on your computer keyboard to
play that particular note
(Note: You have to first click on the virtual piano once to activate this feature)
e.g. Press "Shift" on the computer
keyboard to play note "C",
Press "S" to play note "E", and so on.
To play C Major Chord (C-E-G) -
Hold down "Shift"-"S"-"F" keys on
the computer keyboard all at once, see chart below:
Access Major Chord chart
|To play the left hand chord - Press all the keys (in BLUE)
all at once to play the chord
|C chord||C - E - G||Shift - S - F|
|G chord||G - B - D||F - B - N|
|F chord||F - A - C||D - G - Sp|
|Dm chord||D - F - A||A - D - G|
Access the "Piano Basics" section to learn the layout of piano keyboard, and learn how to read
Music Notations. Use this interactive Z-Board to practice playing easy popular songs.
|Click to Install Flash Plugin if you cannot view our Virtual Piano Keyboard below:|
How to play beginner song, Brother John - use the virtual piano keyboard above to practice this song. The notes for the right hand melody are:
||||C D E C|||||C D E C|||||E F G|||||E F G||||
||||G A G F E C|||||G A G F E C|||||C G C|||||C G C||||
How to play Major Scales in all 12 keys
G Major Scale - G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G
- Learn Songs - Learn 3 Easy Songs, free Virtual Piano provided
- Chords - Learn how to construct Major Chords & more
- Music Theory - Key Signatures, Major Scales, Intervals & more
- Improvisation - Chord Inversions, and different Chord Patterns
- Techniques - Piano Techniques for beginners