Welcome to the Improvisation Section for Beginner Students!
Improvisation is the ability to make music as you are performing it. Much of improvisation is learning patterns or different note arrangements that you can then apply to songs that you already know.
In this section, you will learn some patterns and arrangements that you can play with your left hand that can be added to any song to create more interesting sounding music. Below are four improvisation techniques that you will be learning such as chord inversions, the double chord pattern, the broken chord pattern and the arpeggio chord pattern.
|Lesson 17||Chord Inversions|
|Lesson 18||Double Chord Pattern|
|Lesson 19||Broken Chord Pattern|
|Lesson 20||Arpeggio Chord Pattern|
|<< Previous Lessons||Next Lessons >>|
Lesson 16 The Circle of Fifths
Piano Technique for Beginners
Lesson 17 Chord Inversions
Lesson 18 Double Chord Pattern
Lesson 19 Broken Chord Pattern
Lesson 20 Arpeggio Chord Pattern
Lesson 21 Sounds of the Orient
How to Play from a Fake Book
A "teach yourself" book introduces you to
Chord building, Various rhythmic styles, and much more
Free Interactive Music Toolsto TEST your piano skills:
50 Free Piano Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Patterns of Piano Keys
- Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
- Lesson 3 - Names of Black Keys
- Lesson 4 - Piano Grand Staff
- Lesson 8 - Learn to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
- Lesson 9 - Major Chords
- Lesson 14-Intervals
- Lesson 18-Double Chord Pattern
- Lesson 22-Whole Tone Scale
More..... List of Free Piano Lessons
Five Finger Exercise
A Dozen a Day: Technical Exercises for the Piano to Be Done Each Day Before Practicing
- Click to access the Z-Board Virtual Piano below to practice the piano finger exercise.
Also use it to practice the skills you have learned in the "Piano Basics" Section - Piano Layout.
See all of our Free piano lessons
- Learn Songs - Learn 3 Easy Songs, free Virtual Piano provided
- Chords - Learn how to construct Major Chords & more
- Music Theory - Key Signatures, Major Scales, Intervals & more
- Improvisation - Chord Inversions, and different Chord Patterns
- Techniques - Piano Techniques for beginners