Welcome to the Chords Section for Beginner Students!
Chords are one of the basic building blocks of all songs. When you are listening to your favorite song on the radio, the artist is singing words to a background instrumental. This background instrumental is basically various instruments that are mainly playing chords.
Chords are basically 2 or more notes played together or near together. In this section we will be learning about triads, which are three note chords. You will hear chords in virtually every song you listen to. There are three lessons in this section, "Playing the Major Chord", "Three Primary Chords", and "12 Bar Blues Chord Progression". A detailed description of each lesson is listed below.
|Lesson 9||Playing the Major Chord|
|Lesson 10||Three Primary Chords|
|Lesson 11||12 Bar Blues Chord Progression|
|<< Previous Lessons||Next Lessons >>|
Lesson 8 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Beginner Chord Lessons
Lesson 9 Major Chord
Lesson 10 THREE PRIMARY CHORDS
Lesson 11 12 Bar Blues Chord Progression
Access FREE Chord Ear Trainer to TEST your piano skills (see Lesson 9 above)
Lesson 12 12 KEYS OF MUSIC
Download Free Sheet Music
Alfred's Self-Teaching Adult Piano Course
The New, Easy and Fun Way to
Teach Yourself to Play( Book & CD)
Free Interactive Music Toolsto TEST your piano skills:
50 Free Piano Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Patterns of Piano Keys
- Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
- Lesson 3 - Names of Black Keys
- Lesson 4 - Piano Grand Staff
- Lesson 8 - Learn to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
- Lesson 9 - Major Chords
- Lesson 14-Intervals
- Lesson 18-Double Chord Pattern
- Lesson 22-Whole Tone Scale
More..... List of Free Piano Lessons
Five Finger Exercise
A Dozen a Day: Technical Exercises for the Piano to Be Done Each Day Before Practicing
- Click to access the Z-Board Virtual Piano below to practice the piano finger exercise.
Also use it to practice the skills you have learned in the "Piano Basics" Section - Piano Layout.
See all of our Free piano lessons
- Learn Songs - Learn 3 Easy Songs, free Virtual Piano provided
- Chords - Learn how to construct Major Chords & more
- Music Theory - Key Signatures, Major Scales, Intervals & more
- Improvisation - Chord Inversions, and different Chord Patterns
- Techniques - Piano Techniques for beginners