Lesson 25 - Silent Night
1. IntroductionIn this lesson, you will learn how to play "Silent Night".
2. Let's Play Silent NightBelow is an animation of the right hand melody and left hand chords for Silent Night. First, try and play just the right hand melody. Second, try and play just the left hand chords. Finally, play both the right hand melody and the left hand chords together.
3. ConclusionCongratulations, you have just played "Silent Night"! Try the other songs available in the learn songs section.
Now try out what you have just learned on our virtual piano keyboard below...
|Click to Install Flash Plugin if you cannot view the lesson with Flash Demos above|
A First Book of Christmas Songs
20 Favorite Songs in Easy Piano Arrangements
Big Book of Beginner's Piano Classics
For all ages, Excellent compilation of
beloved piano classics
The Easy Christmas Fake Book
100 Songs in the Key of C (Fake Books)
Easy-to-read notation, simplified harmonies and melodies
Lesson 26 Learn to play God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Lesson 23 Arpeggios
Download Up On The Housetop sheet music for Free
Download "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" free sheet music
Learn to play Auld Lang Syne, Hark The Herald Angels Sing
Free Interactive Music Toolsto TEST your piano skills:
50 Free Piano Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Patterns of Piano Keys
- Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
- Lesson 3 - Names of Black Keys
- Lesson 4 - Piano Grand Staff
- Lesson 8 - Learn to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Lesson 9 - Major Chords
- Lesson 14-Intervals
- Lesson 18-Double Chord Pattern
- Lesson 22-Whole Tone Scale
More..... List of Free Piano Lessons
Five Finger Exercise
Access more free lessons of Piano Technique for Beginners
This book will help to improve your finger dexterity - practice the exercises everyday -
A Dozen a Day: Technical Exercises for the Piano to Be Done Each Day Before Practicing
- Use the virtual piano keyboard below to practice what you've learned in the "Piano Basics" section -
Piano Layout. You can play this Virtual Piano Z-Board in two ways:
- See all of our Free piano lessons
1. Use the computer mouse to click directly onto the key or note (in RED) on the
Virtual Piano to play that note
2. Press the corresponding button (in BLUE) on your computer keyboard to
play that particular note
(Note: You have to first click on the virtual piano once to activate this feature)
e.g. Press "Shift" button on the computer
keyboard to play note "C",
Press "S" to play note "E", and so on.
To play C Major Chord (C-E-G) -
Hold down "Shift"-"S"-"F" on
the computer keyboard all at once, see chart below:
Access Major Chord chart
|To play the left hand chord - Hold down all the keys at the same time (in BLUE) on the computer keyboard to play the chord|
|C chord||C - E - G||Shift - S - F|
|G chord||G - B - D||F - B - N|
|F chord||F - A - C||D - G - SpaceBar|
|Dm chord||D - F - A||A - D - G|
Access the "Piano Basics" section to learn the layout of piano keyboard, and learn how to read
Music Notations. Use this interactive Z-Board to practice playing easy popular songs.
|Click to Install Flash Plugin if you cannot view our Virtual Piano Keyboard below:|
Learn How to play beginner song, Brother John - Free Online piano lesson.
Learn more songs. Use the virtual piano keyboard above to practice this song.
- Learn Songs - Learn 3 Easy Songs, free Virtual Piano provided
- Chords - Learn how to construct Major Chords & more
- Music Theory - Key Signatures, Major Scales, Intervals & more
- Improvisation - Chord Inversions, and different Chord Patterns
- Techniques - Piano Techniques for beginners