Lesson 1 - Patterns of the Black and White Keys
1. IntroductionIn this lesson, you will look at the patterns of the black and white keys on the piano keyboard. This will help you to find your way around the piano keyboard.
2. Groups of Black KeysThe black keys on the piano are divided into groups of three black keys and two black keys.
3. Playing Groups of Two Black KeysFind all the groups of two black keys and play them.
4. Playing Groups of Three Black KeysFind all the groups of three black keys and play them.
5. Playing Groups of Three White KeysFind all the groups of three white keys that surround the groups of two black keys and play them.
6. Playing Groups of Four White KeysFind all the groups of four white keys that surround the groups of three black keys and play them.
7. ConclusionBy recognizing the patterns of black and white keys on the piano keyboard, you will now be able to find your way around the piano keyboard!
Now try out what you have just learned on our virtual piano keyboard below...
|Click to Install Flash Plugin if you cannot view the Flash demos above|
Lesson 1 Patterns of the Piano Keys
Lesson 2 Names of White Keys
Lesson 3 Names of Black Keys
Access FREE Keyboard Trainer to TEST your piano skills after completing Lessons 2 & 3
Teaching Little Fingers
A Book for the Earliest Beginner
John Thompsons Modern Course for The Piano
Access FREE Note Trainer to TEST your piano skills after completing Lesson 4
Lesson 4 Music Notation - Piano Grand Staff
Lesson 5 Note Durations
Access 50 Free Piano Lessons
Download Free Sheet Music
Free Interactive Music Toolsto TEST your piano skills:
50 Free Piano Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Patterns of Piano Keys
- Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
- Lesson 3 - Names of Black Keys
- Lesson 4 - Piano Grand Staff
- Lesson 8 - Learn to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Lesson 9 - Major Chords
- Lesson 14-Intervals
- Lesson 18-Double Chord Pattern
- Lesson 22-Whole Tone Scale
More..... List of Free Piano Lessons
Five Finger Exercise
Access Piano Technique for Beginners
This book will help to improve your finger dexterity - practice the exercises everyday -
A Dozen a Day: Technical Exercises for the Piano to Be Done Each Day Before Practicing
- Use the virtual piano keyboard below to practice what you've learned in the "Piano Basics" Section - Piano Layout. You can play this Virtual Piano Z-Board in two ways:
- See all of our Free piano lessons
1. Use the computer mouse to click directly onto the key or note (in RED) on the
Virtual Piano to play that note
2. Press the corresponding button (in BLUE) on your computer keyboard to
play that particular note
(Note: You have to first click on the virtual piano once to activate this feature)
e.g. Press "Shift" button on the computer
keyboard to play note "C",
Press "S" to play note "E", and so on.
To play C Major Chord (C-E-G) -
Hold down "Shift"-"S"-"F" on
the computer keyboard all at once, see chart below:
Access Major Chord chart
|To play the left hand chord - Press all the keys (in BLUE)
of the computer keyboard all at once to play the chord
|C chord||C - E - G||Shift - S - F|
|G chord||G - B - D||F - B - N|
|F chord||F - A - C||D - G - Sp|
|Dm chord||D - F - A||A - D - G|
Access the "Piano Basics" section to learn the layout of piano keyboard, and learn how to read
Music Notations. Use this interactive Z-Board to practice playing easy popular songs.
|Click to Install Flash Plugin if you cannot view our Virtual Piano Keyboard below:|
Learn How to play beginner song, Brother John - Free Online piano lesson.
Learn more songs. Use the virtual piano keyboard above to practice this song.
- Learn Songs - Learn 3 Easy Songs, free Virtual Piano provided
- Chords - Learn how to construct Major Chords & more
- Music Theory - Key Signatures, Major Scales, Intervals & more
- Improvisation - Chord Inversions, and different Chord Patterns
- Techniques - Piano Techniques for beginners