Lesson 2 - Names of White Keys
1. IntroductionIn this lesson, you will learn to name all of the white keys on the piano keyboard. The white keys on the piano are named after seven letters of the alphabet. They are A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. However, the musical alphabet starts with the letter C, not A. This is because C is the most basic note in music. As you continue with Zebra Keys lessons, you will find out more on why this is true. So, the musical alphabet consists of C, D, E, F, G, A, B. Let's use the musical alphabet to name the white keys on the piano keyboard!
2. Finding CRemember, the musical alphabet begins at note C, not A. So let's find C. Locate any group of two black keys. The white key that is to the left of the group of two black keys is C.
3. Finding DLet's find D. D is located in the middle of the group of two black keys.
4. Finding ELet's find E. E is located to the right of the group of two black keys.
5. Finding FLet's find F. F is located to the left of the group of three black keys.
6. Finding GLet's find G. G is located between the first and second black keys of the group of three black keys.
7. Finding AAfter G, remember that there is no H. Once you get to G, the next white key is A. Let's find A. A is located between the second and third black keys of the group of three black keys.
8. Finding BLet's find B. B is located to the right of the group of three black keys.
9. Review of All the White Key NamesLet's take a look at all the white key names that you have just learned.
10. ConclusionCongratulations, you have just learned the musical alphabet and how to use it to name the white keys on the piano keyboard!
Now try out what you have just learned on our virtual piano keyboard below...
Copyright © 2006-2014 Zebra Keys. All rights reserved.